2 March 2011

Stepping On New Ground.

Blogging is something that has interested me for a long time, yet I never got around to making my own blog. In the past I have aided a friend in his blog, posting articles of anime and manga that were released each season and giving my opinion. I've decided that now is the time to start my own blog as I have a lot in my head that just wants to get out there.

So, some information on myself, my blog and what I hope to achieve. Expect a lot of writing, as I plan to do in-depth reviews in the future, it will be a recurring thing.

Updates won't be very regular. This will very much cover my own views on many different forms of media and reviews on anime and manga toys/figures/statues will probably come first. I have gained quite the collection over the past years and I know there are many people out there interested in collecting as I am, and I can help people make decisions from my own point of view.

I'm in no way a Japanophile (Well, maybe slightly). I used the word Otaku in the title as I feel PsychOtaku has a nice ring to it compared to something like "Psychodrake's Reviews" or whatever. The word simply means nerd of geek. While I'm a huge anime and manga enthusiast, I'm also heavily into the Warhammer 40,000 universe, I'm a very big fan of H.R.Gigers Xenomorph and Ridley Scott's Alien movie, and to top it all off I'm very intrigued by Dinosaurs and Dragons which has stuck with me since childhood.

The online name Psychodrake has been with me for around 4 years now. It started with Chaosdrake, which was my Xbox gamertag back when the original Xbox was released. Since then, signing up to forums and such, I found the name Chaosdrake (Inspired by Galrauch the badass Warhammer dragon tainted Tzeentch) was almost always taken and decided to make a change. Psychodrake was readily available and I think it sounds far better. I'm all around the internet on forums and whatnot expressing myself and discussing my hobbies.

Collecting anime figures is something I began doing around 3 years ago. Now, I have a cabinet and around 3 shelves worth. Worth every penny if you ask me, they're gorgeous as collectible items and I am constantly impressed with the quality. However, I also have many figures ranging from some of McFarlanes dragon collection some of which I have had for well over 6 years now, some Dinosaur models that are definitely outnumbered to say the least, and a fair collection of Xenomorph and Predator figures and statues.

My own life is less than interesting currently. I'm not in education but am planning to get cracking with that in the coming year. Beginning my A levels 2 years ago, I was unfortunately forced to give up due to a problem with my liver, and haven't managed to gain the confidence to really get myself back out there since then in fear of being forced out again. This is something I've overcome quite well though.

That's enough information for a first post I think, hopefully adding some personalization to my blog by making myself known a little. I hope anybody who checks this out will look back in the future to check out updates and progression.

No comments:

Post a Comment